10.4.05

Still With Us, but in a Different Way

Video picked up from Atrios.

A nice little hilarious "new American Rock Anthem." Atrios insinuates that, upon seeing this video, you'll want somebody to punch you in the face. I disagree- I think it is heartwarming in its simplicity.

And by that I mean: nothing like a pandering long-haired "rock dude" tossing around every emotionally vacuous piece of 9/11 imagery without care or concern. I particularly am enamoured of the America Wave- it hits at the first bridge in the song and is a classy, classy image.

In fact, with the devastation of the Tsunami still pulling the real weight of global tragedy, I have strong concerns that an America Wave is the best image to project out in the world.

I guess America We Stand As One, whoever the hell they are (no, really... who is this guy?) , don't particularly care about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

c